The CHEQUER, Inc (hereinafter referred to as "Company") is a company that has been established in accordance with the Act on the Promotion of Information and Communication Network Utilization and Information Protection, the Personal Information Protection Act, and the Communication Confidentiality Protection Act. The Company is committed to protecting the rights and interests of our users by complying with the personal information protection regulations in accordance with relevant laws and regulations and by setting personal information processing policies in accordance with relevant laws and regulations. The company will protect the valuable personal information of the user, so that the user can safely use the service.
The company will inform users of the purpose and manner of using the personal information provided by the users and the actions taken to protect that personal information. This policy applies to Internet-related services (including mobile web / apps) provided by the Company's sites.
Personal information items collected and collection methods
The personal information collected includes:
- Personal information items
- Sign up: Name, email address, password, and profile image, occupation, company / organization size
- License application, purchasing and billing: user name, email address, phone number, billing address, company / organization name, department The following information may be collected for settlement of fees in accordance with relevant laws such as the Consumer Protection Act, the National Basic Tax Act, the Electronic Financial Transactions Act, etc. in electronic commerce. Depending on the payment method, collected personal information may be different.
- When purchasing a Genuine (product key) License
- Credit card payments: cardholder name, card number
- Mobile phone payments: mobile phone number, phone carrier name
- Bank transfer payments: Bank name, account number
- When purchasing a Subscription License
- Credit card information: cardholder name, card number, expiration date, CVC
- Service usage:
- When using the cloud feature of database software: Account information for database access
- Service usage history: During service use, information such as product version, error information, device information (OS, screen size, device ID, computer name), IP address, cookies, date and time of visit, usage history, usage statistics and more may be automatically generated and collected.
- Personal Information Collection Method:
- Telephone and online consultation through the website (membership registration, members bulletin board) and customer center
- Enter via event page
- Information stored automatically on the device when using the service
- Information entered directly by the user to enable the service or feature
Purpose of collection and use of personal information
The Company uses the personal information of registered users for the following purposes:
- Identification of users, verification of willingness to join, and prevention of duplication, fraudulent or illegal use, as well as sanctions and records in case of irregularities
- Providing membership services, handling inquiries or complaints, keeping records for dispute resolution, and delivering notices
- Implementation of contracts on service delivery, purchase of goods / services and settlement of charges, user identification in the financial transactions and financial services, and delivery of merchandise and prizes
- Developing new services, communicating information at events, providing content, marketing and advertising. For marketing purposes, CHEQUER may post the user's company information on their website but only after the user has consented to provide that information to CHEQUER.
- Improve service and provide customized service through service use records and statistical analysis
- Protecting privacy and establishing a safe user environment
Collection and Use period of Personal Information
Generally, after the purpose of collecting and using personal information is accomplished, the company will immediately destroy the personal information. However, if it is necessary to preserve under the relevant laws and regulations, the company retains personal information of users for the following reasons:
- In case of individual consent given by user, the duration of that consent
- Membership information: Upon withdrawal from membership or termination of service agreement
- Payment information: Upon expiration of the due date of the payment or expiration of the contract
- Delivery information: At the end of the notification period, such as achieving the purpose of delivery of merchandise and prizes
- If personal information is kept in accordance with applicable laws and regulations:
- Records of contract or withdrawal: 5 years
- Records of payment and goods supply: 5 years
- Records of consumer complaints or disputes: 3 years The Company separates or deletes the personal information of users who have not used the service for one year according to the 'Personal Information Expiration Period System' and the separated personal information will be destroyed without delay after being kept for 4 years.
Procedures and methods of destroying personal information
The Company shall promptly destroy personal information at the end of the collection period, or once the purpose of using the personal information is achieved. This personal information is not used for other purposes unless it is required to be retained by law
Personal information printed on paper is shredded by a shredding machine or destroyed by incineration. Personal information stored in the form of electronic files are, to the extent possible at the current technical and economic level, deleted using a method that cannot be undone.
Consignment of personal information processing
In order to ensure smooth execution of services, the Company shall provide the following services to external companies in order to allow those external companies to perform some of the tasks that are essential for smooth service implementation.
|Trustee||Consignment service contents||Use of personal information|
|Sweet Tracker, Corp.||Kakao Alimtalk Notifications and text messaging||At the time of membership withdrawal or end of consignment contract|
|SureM Co., Ltd.||Kakao Alimtalk Notifications and text messaging||At the time of membership withdrawal or end of consignment contract|
|Settle Bank, Inc||Payment and settlement of goods / services||At the time of membership withdrawal or end of consignment contract|
|CHEQUER Global, Inc.||Payment and settlement of goods / services||At the time of membership withdrawal or end of consignment contract|
|Zendesk, Inc.||Provide customer support system||At the time of membership withdrawal or end of consignment contract|
|Mailgun, Inc.||Send email||At the time of membership withdrawal or end of consignment contract|
|Amazon Web Services, Inc.||IT System Operations||At the time of membership withdrawal or end of consignment contract|
|WeFor Corp.||Customer consultation and product order||At the time of membership withdrawal or end of consignment contract|
Providing third parties with personal information
The company uses the users’ personal information within the scope of "Purpose of collection and Use of Personal Information" and, in principle, does not use the information beyond the scope of agreed upon purposes or disclose the personal information to external companies without prior consent of the user. Exceptions include:
- Users have agreed in advance
- If a third party is permitted to do so by law or under other laws, such as when there is a request by an investigating agency or court in accordance with procedures and methods prescribed by law for investigation purposes
- If information is needed by the seller in order to fulfill transactions such as counseling, delivery, etc. during ordering and payment through the service provided by the company
Matters concerning the rights and duties of users and how to exercise them
- Users may click on ‘Change Personal Information’ (or ‘Edit Member Information’) on the main website at any time to view, modify, or update personal information.
- Users may terminate subscription plans after verifying identity by clicking “Delete Account” on the User Profile site.
- If the user does not consent to the processing of personal information of the company, the user may refuse to accept or request cancellation of membership (Delete Account), in which case the use of part or all services may be restricted.
- If a user requests correction of an error in personal information, the company will not use it or provide it to others until the processing is completed. In addition, if the user has already provided this information to a third party, the Company will notify the third party without delay and correct the result of the correction.
- The Company shall not disclose personal information that is revoked or deleted at the request of the user or legal representative as specified in "Collection and Use Period of Personal Information". It cannot be accessed or used for other purposes.
Installation, operation and rejection of cookies
How to decline cookie settings (Example: in Internet Explorer)
At the top of your web browser, click Tools > Internet Options > Privacy tab. Under settings, move the slider to the top to block all cookies or to the bottom to allow all cookies. Then click Apply. You can either accept or check each time you save a cookie, or you can refuse to save all cookies. However, if you refuse to store cookies, there will be restrictions on the use of some services that require login.
Technological and administrative protection measures of personal information
To protect user personal information from being lost, stolen, leaked, altered or damaged, the Company shall take the following technical and administrative measures. The Company takes comprehensive measures according to laws and regulations.
Password Encryption User password is encrypted, stored and managed. In principle, only the user can know the password. Only the user who knows the password can view and modify personal information.
Countermeasures against hacking, Computer Viruses The Company will do its best to prevent personal information from being leaked or damaged by hacking or computer viruses. By using the latest antivirus program, the Company prevents personal information from being leaked and protect personal information completely through encryption communication when transmitting personal information. The Company uses intrusion prevention system to control unauthorized access from the outside and strives to have all possible technical equipment to ensure even better security.
Minimize processing staff and Conduct security training The Company limits the number of employees who process personal information to a minimum and conducts training for relevant employees on a regular basis to confirm compliance with the personal information processing policy and compliance.
The Company's information protection efforts
The Company has a customer service department and a person in charge of personal information management to protect user personal information and to handle complaints related to personal information. For inquiries regarding personal information, please contact the customer service department or personal information management below.
E-mail Address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Personal Information Manager
- Name : Thomas, Ki-Young Jang
- Position : Director
If you need to report or consult about other privacy infringement, please contact the following organizations.
- Privacy Complaints Center (www.118.or.kr / 82-118)
- Information Protection Mark Certification Committee (www.eprivacy.or.kr/ 82-2-580-0533~4)
- Supreme Prosecutors' Office, Advanced Criminal Investigation Division (www.spo.go.kr / 82-2-3480-2000)
- National Police Agency Cyber Terror Response Center (cyberbureau.police.go.kr / 82-2-392-0330)
If there is any addition, deletion or modification of the contents of the personal information processing policy, the company will notify users through e-mail or a notice on the website at least seven days before the official change. However, if there is any unfavorable change in the user's rights, such as the collection and use of personal information and the provision of third parties, prior notification will be provided at least 30 days in advance.
- Announcement date: November 22, 2019
- Enforcement date: November 29, 2019